Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> The yelling and namecalling is unfortunate. But from observation and
> professional experience, if you want professional grade support for a
> software livecycle of over 3 years, you should be willing to pay for
> it.

It would be cool to see more BSD consulting companies and support
companies, and web hosting companies. If I was to look for an OpenBSD web
hosting company, I'd have difficulty finding one.  There are far too many
LINUX web hosts out there. BSD seems like such a small tiny niche. The
market is saturated with LINUX web hosts and linux support companies, but
BSD is lacking. People often use Linux because it's the popular web
hosting O/S, not because it is a better tool.

Also MySQL became a billion dollar company and it doesn't even sell any
product, it just offers "support" that you pay for. You wouldn't think
support would gain you millions of dollars in sales, you would think mysql
would only be financially successful if it sold the actual database
product.

Then again, we wouldn't want another fork of BSD where it was a separate
distro that you had to pay for support for, like "Redhat BSD" or something
cheesy like that.