On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 09:47:29 -0500, Richard Thornton wrote:
Why not find a Windows box to dump the data to a Linux server?
Problem solved.

Because this isn't the first time I've noticed this, and last night I finally hunted down specs and guessed around enough to figure out what was going on--and also, I refuse to believe that OpenBSD is this retarded. This was one of the first things that bugged me about it, back when I first ever stuck discs into it. Also I have about 100gigs on DVD and I want to minimize the hoops the data has to go through. Also I'd have to beg friends for access to Windows.

I thought about this though! My last plan before sleeping last night was to install linux in qemu on the server with sshd running and access to cd0c and dump data that way--the virtual network lag should be far less than real lag, but now thankfully I don't have to because Remco has stumbled into the proper solution.