* Dewey Hylton <dewey.hyl...@gmail.com> [2012-02-23 15:21]:
> i used the digi equipment over a decade ago with both hpux and aix with
> success. i'd really like to access these from my openbsd workstation and
> laptop, though the documentation mentions support for just about everything
> other than bsd.
> are any of these usable with bsd? and by that i mean can openbsd connect to
> the serial ports via ethernet with cu or something similar?

i dunno the digi stuff, but console servers usually provide access to
the serial ports via telnet or ssh. in general you don't wanna expose
these to the 'net, but it's good enough for a seperate vlan or the
like to an openbsd box that you either run conserver on or just use to
jump through.

--
Henning Brauer, h...@bsws.de, henn...@openbsd.org
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de, Full-Service ISP