Somebody claiming to be Leonardo Sabino dos Santos wrote:

> I have to apologize to everyone on this list for the tone of that
> first message. I was angry and venting, and I apologize if it offended
> anyone. I understand that the installer works the way it does because
> that's what's useful to the OpenBSD community and it should not change
> just because some random guy flames about it.
>
> I also agree with those who pointed out that doing experimental OS
> installs on a machine you care about is not a particularly smart thing
> to do.
>
> That being said, I think Dave understands the problem very well. That
> is probably the most dangerous point in the installation. It's
> dangerous even for experienced users (anyone can get distracted and
> screw up), but much more so for those who come from a different
> background, and the reason for that is that it's unexpected. As
> someone else pointed out, most Linux installers nowadays will give you
> a "big fat warning" before they do anything irreversible to your disk,
> and the users get used to and rely on these warnings. It seems to be
> different with OpenBSD. Maybe the OpenBSD philosophy is just not for
> me.

My first install I wiped out my Hard drive. My second install I munged
everything up.

After that - I learned *a lot* more respect for my own choices. This error is
the best error you can make. Keeps you respecting your system and your own
ability to control it. And the mistakes you make.

Sure - it sucks. Definitely sucks. But as has been pointed out a couple of
times - it can be fixed.

You want to learn OpenBSD - learn that you can screw yourself if you're not
careful - and soon enough you'll have the basics down - simply because you'll
realize that the FAQ and man -k are awesome.