On 07/03/12 15:27 +0100, Leonardo Sabino dos Santos wrote:
>On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Russell Garrison
><russell.garri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am absolutely intrigued by this story despite my better judgement.
>> You were able to cook your own full OpenBSD installer on a USB stick
>> with GRUB instead of downloading an ISO or using PXE, but you failed
>> disk setup in the installer? It really would be interesting to see if
>> you can read just http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html , particularly
>> 4.5.3 and then come back to us with anything other than a mea culpa.
>
>I admit to pressing Enter at some of the questions without reading
>carefully. It simply never crossed my mind that the default action for
>the installer is to erase the whole disk without chance for review. I
>still think that's a disaster waiting to happen.

You made a stupid assumption. It bit you.

I don't see the problem here, you're in the midst of installing an operating
system, it wants to make big changes to your system. Pay attention.

--
richo || Today's excuse:

microelectronic Riemannian curved-space fault in write-only file system
http://blog.psych0tik.net

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had
a name of signature.asc]