> The odd thing is that this card works in a machine with FreeBSD 7.1 and that
> identifies the chip as "Atheros 5212".  So which chip number is right?
> Could the problem have to do with misidentifying the chip?  dmesg, pcidump
> and the driver think it's an AR5311.

> I've got 4.7 running on my laptop with an internal mini-pci card which has
> either a 5212 or 5213A depending on where in the dmesg output you look, and
> that works fine.  pcidump calls that a 5212.  So much for accuracy.

> Back to the PCI-mounted one: A FreeBSD 7.0 live CD I've got calls it an
> AR5211 with a HAL status of 13.  OpenBSD installs 4.7 & 4.4 call it an
> AR5311 with a HAL status 22.  OpenBSD 4.1 install calls it a 5211, 4.0 & 4.2
> don't find it (floppy install image).  Debian Linux 5.03 calls it an ath5k
> and says it fails the POST.

It's good you've mentioned it. I tried to work with a laptop using
Atheros chipset for wireless. OpenBSD dmesg shows Atheros AR5424 and
another number like AR5xxx I can't remember, but I can't find this
model on Qualcomm Atheros site. Windows XP shows Atheros AR5700
series. Which is what ? Maybe someone who got it right can give us a
clue.

Thanks