On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 12:28 AM, Mo Libden <m0lib...@mail.ru> wrote:
> Tue, 10 Apr 2012 11:10:09 -0700 P>Q  Philip Guenther <guent...@gmail.com>:
>> Running -current with userland threads is not supported.  If you need
>> userland threads, you need to run 5.1 or earlier.
>
> That was what I really needed. Thank you!
>
> It is not stated clearly in the pthreads man page.
> The man page still says it is a userland library implementation,
> which obviously is not true anymore. That's why I asked.

Perhaps if we hit a blocker that would keep rthreads from being ready
for the 5.2 release we'll be reverting the switch.  Some parts of the
docs might not be updated until we are confident that won't occur.

BTW, any particular reason for wanting to switch back?  Something not
working right or a regression in performance or behavior?

> Now, for the following, what's up with the immediate disclaimers?
> Only asked a question, sheesh. Nobody asked for support or
> anything similar. Being with OpenBSD since 1996, I kinda know the
> versioning and the terms for the support.

Ah misc@, where half the people need the FAQ read to them and the
other half are insulted when someone tries to answer the obvious next
question.

Philip Guenther