> This might be dumb question, but I haven't found the answer anywhere
> else yet.  I have a lemote 8089b and I'm trying to figure out what
> software I'd use in order to use the webcam/microphone.  I'm not
> trying to solve any particular problem other than my own curiosity of
> how I'd record/ take pictures (video chat would be cool too but is
> only a bonus).

The webcam doesn't show up in dmesg on the 8101 and the late 8089
models. I've been trying to fiddle with the registers that supposedly
enable it, with no reproduceable results, and eventually gave up.

If you're lucky, the webcam enable key combination (should be something
like Fn-F2) will make it appear and attach as an uvideo device. But I
wouldn't hold my breath on this.

Miod