On 2012-04-14, Ted Unangst <t...@tedunangst.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 14, 2012, Laurence Rochfort wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm considering purchasing a domestic SSD for my laptop.
>>
>> Does OpenBSD 5.1 support SSDs and the TRIM command if needed?
>
> It supports SSD drives like any other drive, but no special features.
> Specifically, there's no TRIM support.

dlg did some work towards this on scsi-like controllers, but
iirc it's not passed all the way up to the filesystem yet.

Recent releases will align partitions better for most flash devices
(and newer hard drives) than older ones, people with SSD/CF storage
might want to check if disklabel says the offset of the 'a'
partition is 63 or 64, if it's 63 then it may be worth reinstalling
with newer fdisk/disklabel. Probably depends on the controller how
much effect this will have though.