On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 12:53:34PM +0200, Mike Belopuhov wrote:
> 4) Install the server certificate on the server:
>
>    ikectl ca vpn certificate 10.1.0.1 install
>
> 5) To export the client certificate in a ZIP'ed PFX format, you need
>    to install zip utility (pkg_add -i zip).
>
>    ikectl ca vpn certificate 10.5.0.1 export

Does the .tgz file need to be extracted at all on the server?  I've tried
and tried for too long and my certificates are out of sync I think, is there
a command to delete everything and just keep the original blank iked structure
so that one can start over without old certificates in the way?

> 6) Transfer 10.5.0.1.zip to the Windows host and load the certificates
>    by doubleclicking on them.  Make sure that certificates are valid
>    in the MMC Certificates Snap-In.

This gave me a huge headache.  I tried using MMC (as administrator and other
user) but my vpn client stayed at 13806 error.  Perhaps VPN wasn't meant for
people like me.

> 7) Configure iked to do RSA auth w/o EAP (for the start):
>
>     ikev2 "win7" passive esp \
>         from 192.168.0.0/24 to 192.168.1.0/24 local any peer any \
>         srcid 10.1.0.1 \
>         config address 192.168.1.100 \
>         config name-server 192.168.0.1
>
>    Here, 192.168.0.0/24 is a network client is getting access to,
>    192.168.1.0/24 is a "DHCP"-like network from which client is
>    getting an ip address (192.168.1.100 specifically).  Please
>    note, that the code to turn this awkwardness into real (DHCP-like)
>    address pool specification is not written yet.  Note that srcid
>    has to match the host that the certificate is issued to, otherwise
>    windows will refuse to connect.
>
>    Once you do that you can load iked and see that it hooks up the
>    server certificate (in the iked -dvv output that is).
>
> 7) Now on the windows box, go to the Network Connections Center
>    and create an IKEv2 VPN connection with the client.  Make sure
>    to check the Certificate radio button on the Security tab in
>    the connection properties, so that you won't do EAP.
>
> 8) Start the connection.
>
> 9) Profit!!!
>
> PS.
>
> If someone thinks that this might be turned into some sort of a
> howto or FAQ entry or whatever, please feel free to reuse any
> piece of text.  Attribution is welcomed but not required.

Would love to write something if it worked considering I've struck out
so many times with this.

-peter