Jan Stary wrote:
Being a happy new user of spamd and friends (thank you Bob!),
I have a few nitpicking questions as I go through the manpages.

(1)

spamd whitelists a given host by _adding_ it as a whitelist entry;
the original GREY entry is left there. Why is is kept around, now
that the host is WHITE anyway? Is it because it is just easier to
let it expire than to explicitly delete it? Or is it because
greytrapping only applies to greylisted connections, and we want
to know about even WHITE hosts sending to spamtrap?

My understanding is the usual expiration takes care of it. But beyond that, if you are actively troubleshooting, it's nice to see the data from the GREY entry for a bit longer. You can see when they started the process, and how many attempts they made before getting whitelisted.

--Kurt