On Thu, 7 Jun 2012 16:46:45 +0530, Jay Patel <rockworl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to know how to achieve customizing my iso for installing OpenBSD
on
> 10 workstation with pre configured gnome. I read the FAQ about siteXX.tgz
> http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html#site  but couldn't find more
resources
> also cant find man pages for that.is it safe to go that way or should i
> install gnome separately for all boxes?

No it is possible to install tar the system and install it via sftp.
You have to tar image of your system with with command

tar -czvf system.tar.gz /
then use a program virt-make-fs to make img (
http://libguestfs.org/virt-make-fs.1.html )

virt-make-fs system.tar.gz sysem.img
put it on ftp server and then you have to boot using your NIC you have to
set up dhcp server firs ( and sftpd too) then send this file over a network
( you can use broadcast to send it to 10 pc at one time ) you can do
another thing if you want to for example use cd instead of network make a
bootable pendrive with OpenBSD/FreeBSD/Linux and after you  boot from it
type

dd if=sysem.img of=/dev/ad0 bs=512k
after mounting your cd and going to appropriate directory you can put the
img file on your flashdrive ( usb stick )

Pozdrawiam z Polski;)
Tomasz Marszal