On 11/4/05, Mike Keller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am trying to display a login banner prior to login.
> With freebsd, this can be done by adding
> :if=/pathtosomefile: to the default setting of
> gettytab.  I did a man on gettytab and saw that
> OpenBSD's implementation does not support "if".
> Anyone been successful in doing this?  I am trying to
> display /etc/issue in the console right above the
> login prompt.  I am already displaying it with ssh
> connections.
>
> Thanks!

Looks like you'll have to change the input message:
     im        str       NULL      Initial (banner) message.

The "default" entry in /etc/gettytab already sets this (displaying the
system, hostname, and tty name), so modify it to say whatever you
want.

As you have already discovered, sshd_config has its own banner option
which is independent of getty.

-Andrew