On 11/7/05, Per-Olov Sjvholm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The compat list is not always that clear. How many people know that the LSI
> Logic 150-4 and 150-6 MegaRAID cards are actually known as the compatible
> card "LSI/Symbios 523 SATA"?

Probably, those that read the misc@ archives or those who posted to
that thread (such as yourself :)

> Why don't put in 320-1, 150-4, 150-6 cards and the others that are known to
> work on the man page to make it easier for people...

Still, I'd recommend finding a supplier that allows for returns should
the card turn out to be unsupported after all. Even after doing
thorough research (misc@, the CVS changes, Google, etc.), things can
still go wrong.

Given the stories of changes occurring in wireless chipsets without a
change in type number, not all manufacturers are entirely responsible.
I'd recommend to hedge your bets.

Cheers,

Rogier

--
If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there.