Martin Ekendahl wrote:
> What do you guys use to update your mirrors? I have a colo server that
> I'm not doing much with and I thought about setting up a mirror and just
> running `cvs up -Pd` twice a day or something to update it. Am I on the
> right track or is there a "better" or more official way of doing it?
>
> -Martin

You don't mention what kind of mirror.

If mirroring the website, don't bother, unless there is some market you
could service that none of the other mirrors service well.  Most of the
world can get to one or all of the existing mirrors very well, and there
is sufficient capacity.  It just creates more maintenance issues for us.

If providing downloads via ftp or http, mirroring cvsync, anoncvs,
cvsup, sure, we could use more capacity there.  In those cases, the
respective pages generally give you guidance on setting things up...but
keep in mind, the demands on such a system are very much "non-trivial".

Nick.