André S. <andrestoebe <at> gmail.com> writes:
> Alexey E. Suslikov wrote:
> > You should try with newer BIOS.
>
> Done, as well as the ECP.
>
> Booting now with apm disabled causes OpenBSD to hang on "starting
> network". The cursor is still blinking, but after 15 minutes it's still
> stuck there.

Can you double check this? Maybe not related to hibernation issue...

> > Another idea - cardbus isn't hibernating/resuming properly. People
> > on the list wouldn't like such an advice, but try to boot with ccb
> > disabled, ZZZ and resume.
>
> You meant cbb, right?
>
> This causes the system not to hang on boot at least, but it still
> doesn't wake after ZZZ.

Can you disable cardbus entirely from BIOS?

Additionally, searching archives gave me this
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.openbsd.misc/177219/

and this one
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.openbsd.misc/120610

Googled, there are indications of UHCI and ISA devices
not recovering from ACPI suspend/hibernate on Thinkpads.

No sure, but there is a possibility what APM is the only
choice on such machines.

Regards,
Alexey