I got a nice G5 from work and would like to run OpenBSD macppc on it.

However, when I attempt to install I get to what is described as step 4
for i386 and amd64 in the FAQ:
booting hd0a:/bsd 4464500+838332 [58+204240+181750]=0x56cfd0
http://openbsd.org/faq/faq14.html#Boot386

Except that line does not fully complete and the screen goes blank
white.  I get the same results booting from CDs from 4.9, 5.1 and a
fairly recent snapshot.

The Apple Service Diagnostic disk claims everything is in great shape.

It is a Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8GHz with the NVIDIA GeForceFX 5200 Ultra
video card.  I believe the original "Q37" but could be a June 2004
model, no idea how to tell for sure.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Mac_G5

Any suggestions? Did I just get a bad one?

If I had a dmesg to attach I wouldn't be asking this question. :-)

l8rZ,
--
andrew - http://afresh1.com

Life's unfair - but root password helps!