Hi list,
sorry for late, but you are talking about update, and I've a question about this.

I'm installing software precompiled using pkg_add -r ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/....../openvpn-version.tgz

How to see if there are update/security fix for openvpn?

From "Ports" ml?

Thanks in advance.

On 09/01/2012 07:26 AM, Tomas Bodzar wrote:
On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 6:06 PM, Sébastien Marie
<semarie-open...@latrappe.fr>  wrote:
On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 06:52:15PM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
On 2012-08-30, Sébastien Marie<semarie-open...@latrappe.fr>  wrote:
I not used all pervious ports, and some are used in "safe" usage (like
using postgresql ports, but not for server). It just a question to known what
follow, in order to keep updated...
really, in order to keep updated, following -current is a good policy.
sure, updates in -current are more "fresh" ! but the investissement may be
important, as it is required to upgrade the system before add or upgrade
ports...
I think I will consider installing -current on an external disk, in order to
"see and learn" upgrade process (via snapshots) before definitively switch to
-current on my laptop.

You will find it very quick and easy:

boot bsd.rd and choose (U)pgrade
reboot
sysmerge -s $ -x $
maybe reboot
check current.html for possible manual steps
pkg_add -ui

It's possible to have modest machine to be completely updated in about
10 minutes completely binary way.

Thanks Stuart.
--
Sebastien Marie