On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 10:38 PM, Otto Moerbeek <o...@drijf.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 01:04:23PM -0700, Brian Empson wrote:
>
>> Hello OpenBSD world,
>>
>> Has there been/are there plan to include some SSI functionality for BSD?
I've looked into Linux for this and the problem stems from the fact that the
kernel has to be patched with the code to perform this functionality. The
linux kernel, being a separate entity from the rest of the system, makes it
difficult to keep an SSI system up to date kernel wise. BSD seems to develop
the kernel and utilities as one, lending itself to easier integration of these
features, perhaps? I'd be willing to donate money to the project to see
functionality like this implemented! Thoughts? Is there anyone I can speak to
about funding a sub project for OpenBSD SSI? Or is it not even being
considered?

>> Thanks,
>> Brian
>
> For starters, what is SSI? As many TLAs go, it can mean multiple
> things. I won't try to guess what you want.

Here's my guess:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-system_image