On 10/05/2012 09:14 AM, Frans Haarman wrote:
The line mentioning running tftpd from inetd is no longer valid! Its
now started via /etc/rc.d/tftpd.

this is true post 5.1, the FAQ follows the current release, which is 5.1. So, it is correct as it is now for what it is documenting. Nov 1, things change.

Which isn't to say I won't forget to fix this :)

Nick.

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq6.html#PXE

You will also have to activate the tftpd(8) daemon. This is typically
done through inetd(8). The standard OpenBSD install has a sample line
in inetd.conf which will do nicely for you:

     #tftp  dgram   udp  wait  root  /usr/libexec/tftpd   tftpd -s /tftpboot

which simply needs to have the '#' character removed and send inetd(8)
a -HUP signal to get it to reload /etc/inetd.conf. tftpd(8) serves
files from a particular directory, in the case of this line, that
directory is /tftpboot, which we will use for this example. Obviously,
this directory needs to be created and populated. Typically, you will
have only a few files here for PXE booting:

Regards,
Frans