On Fri, Oct 05, 2012 at 10:00:11PM -0500, Francisco Valladolid H. wrote:
> I'm currently using a old Thinkpad T61p, good machine and OpenBSD 5.1 work
> fine.

And I am very satisfied with my ThinkPad T500 (September 2008 model, or
August 2009, I'm not sure...) which my nephew gave to me since the
company he works for considered it outdated. I'm running current and
everything works except for bluetooth and the fingerprint sensor.
Excellent battery time and silent performance. (The built in Ericsson
mobile broadband adapter gets recognized as cdce0/umodem0, but I'm not
sure how to configure it.. :-)

Anyway: Unix means typing and you should focus on the quality of the
keyboard. And the keyboard on the ThinkPad is IMHO simply the best.