On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 18:14:25 +0200
"Mikkel C. Simonsen" <m...@post5.tele.dk> wrote:

> David Diggles wrote:
> > I'm interested in hearing about peoples experiences with spam filtering the
> > spam
> > emails that make it through to misc.
[...]
> I use bogofilter, and it tags almost all spam from this mailing list as
> spam. There is an occasional false positive also though...

I also have very good results with bogofilter.

In my .mailfilter file I have (excerpt):

  xfilter "/usr/local/bin/bogofilter -u -e -p"

  if ( /^X-Bogosity: (Spam|Unsure)/ )
    to $MAILDIR/.Spam

Then there's the cron job that tells bogofilter that stuff
in TagSpam is spam (that I move there manually).  The end
result is pretty damn good and you don't get the noise that
DNSBLs generate.  Fine for SOHO at least.