On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 12:10:31PM +0300, Lars Engblom wrote:
> Thanks,
> I will try it as soon as I get home to my computer. I would suggest to
> add this information to the radeon manual page. I have read that page
> several times playing with options found there without luck for this
> card. It is there people will first look.

I guess this config file hack was supposed to be a temporary measure.
But nobody is working on enhancing r600 support currently so for the
time being it is required.

Instead of changing the man page we could add this /etc/drirc to the
xetc set to make it work out of the box. And remove it from the set
once r600 support has been fixed to work without this config hack.