On 11/01/2012 11:12 PM, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:
On 31/10/2012 18:49, Kaya Saman wrote:

I've just got my dsl line reprovisioned for Annex M compatibility and
the line speed showing currently on the modem is 20Mbps downstream with
2Mbps upstream.

Upon the reprovisioning I got ask to do a speed test by my ISP and only
~>5Mbps was shown for downstream while upstream was shown as ~700kbps.

The system in place is VDSL2+/ADSL2+(Annex M) router running in RFC2684
ATM to Ethernet bridge mode, linked to a Sun Microsystems Netra T105 -
440MHz, 360MB RAM box. With the Netra I have tested various routing
capacities including inter-vlan and dynamic running OSPF and it managed
between 80-90Mbps transfer rates for large files.

I don't think this is an OpenBSD issue
From http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9565/index.html

"ADSl2/2+ over POTS, with annex M support for increased upstream throughput through Cisco 887M models"

Sevan / Venture37

Thanks for the response!

That's the router I have; connecting directly to the router with it configured as NAT/Gateway produces good results.

In addition to that I created a test where I used Packet Filter as a firewall then ran OSPF between the routers, so basically we had:

(LAN) Cisco 1801 <-> OpenBSD <-> Cisco 887VA (WAN)

Again I had the same speeds.

However, hooking the Cisco's together Cisco 1801 <-> Cisco 887VA

I now have 18Mbps downstream with 2Mbps upstream.

It looks like the throughput on the Sun Netra isn't high for whatever reason?? Or that Packet Filter is simply slow to process?

I have a spare Sun Fire V210 so I will try with that and see if the increased CPU power coupled with more memory increases speeds at all.

Outside of that I'm slightly puzzled :-S