On 11/24/12 08:26, bofh wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Nick Holland
> <n...@holland-consulting.net> wrote:
>> On 11/22/12 09:58, bofh wrote:
>>> Can I just run install -> upgrade and install everything but etc.tgz
>>> and xetc.tgz?  Any post installation stuff I have to worry about?
>>
>> No.  Reinstall completely.  Do not try to "migrate" without a complete
>> wipe/reload.
>
> Thanks!  Out of curiousity, are there executables that are in i386 but
> not amd64 or vice versa?  I can see issues with libraries.  Am just
> curious.

Well...if your i386 install pre-dates your amd64 install...  you might
have "abandoned" binaries laying around (ccdconfig, for example).   And
that's not counting any other non-OpenBSD-provided binaries (i.e.,
things not managed by the package tools) you may have installed on the
system.

An "upgrade" between versions is one of those things you will often get
away with.  There are a lot of things in life you can get away with
(often) which are not recommended.  This is one of them.

Nick.