On 12/09/12 11:17, ML mail wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to install OpenBSD 5.2 amd64 with PXE so I downloaded the
> latest bsd.rd and pxeboot file from:
>
> ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/5.2/amd64/
>
> and put it on my TFTP/DHCP server but when I boot this specific files
> I get the installer for OpenBSD 5.1 and not 5.2. Is this intentional?

Not even unintentional.

> or am I doing something wrong here?

yeah, you are doing something wrong.

The files your TFTP server is serving is not the files you think you
downloaded.

To prove it to yourself, assuming your TFTP server is the same platform
you are trying to install, do a "config -ef bsd.rd", it will show you
the header of the file you think you are making available.  If that says
"5.1", you didn't download what you think you did.  If it says 5.2, you
aren't serving what you think you are serving (i.e., your tftp server
isn't configured like you think it is).

Nick.