On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 10:55:47PM +0800, livemoon wrote:
> Hi, I installed 5.2 in my Fujitsu ph521 laptop. It use AMD Brazos E350. It
> can use X-windows by radeon driver. But the problem is: when I exit my cwm,
> the screen become white, and cannot back to console by type any key.
> How to fix it?
> Thanks!

This is a known problem with the radeon driver. It fails to properly
restore text mode. The problem isn't seen on Linux because on Linux the
radeon driver relies on kernel-mode switching. I.e. the Linux kernel
switches the graphics hardware back into text mode, instead of the radeon
driver doing it (which is known as user-mode switching). I am seeing this
problem also on a thinkpad x131e, which has an AMD E450.

To fix it, we'll need to either fix the broken user-mode VT switching
code written for newer radeon chips in the radeon driver (user-mode
switching code is not maintained anymore at x.org so they probably
won't fix it for us), or implement kernel mode switching in OpenBSD
which isn't trivial at all.