On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 6:32 PM, Otto Moerbeek <o...@drijf.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 06:28:05PM +0200, What you get is Not what you see
> wrote:
>
> > OK but how can I get the dmesg without having any network connection to
> > that machine?
> > Shall I write it all by hand?
>
> serial console?

OK
I tried and got an old com port  from an old computer and connected it to
the machine which doesnt boot.
I have another openbsd box which has a serial com port on it. I try to make
it a serial console client.
I have connected the machines with a com cable.  I edited the /etc/ttys
file in the serial console client
machine as

tty00   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   vt220   on secure

and rebooted the client machine.
When I boot the serial console server machine, I wrote "set tty com0" and
it said
"switching console to com0".

In the client I wrote "tip tty00" and it said connected. And thats all.
But nothing happens. No boot messages in the client machine. Nothing.

What shall I do now?