I have been printing to various HP laser printers for years, with normal
lpd.  I'm pretty sure cups will support all of the ones we natively do
not support.

On 2012 Dec 27 (Thu) at 16:28:04 +0530 (+0530), Girish Venkatachalam wrote:
:I want to print from my OpenBSD machines on the ethernet LAN.
:
:I asked HP and Epson but did not get a good response. I want to avoid HP.
:
:I want basic printing with Postscript ability over the network.
:
:Also good value for money. I don't think I should spend more than 300$.
:
:Are there any recommendations?
:
:Or can we make do with HP's PCL on port 9100?
:
:Will this work well on OpenBSD?
:
:-Girish