Hi,

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 07:47:12PM +0100, Loïc BLOT wrote:
> After those events, i try a new approach, i saw squid and moreover
> squidguard (when loads blacklists, 96 childs) use big IOPS over the
> raid. I decided to create two MFS for blacklists and squid disk cache.
> Now the problem is resolved, IOPS are backported to memory and no freeze
> problem occurs. Maybe you must try this solution.
> (i use 1G mfs for blacklists and 4G mfs for squid disk cache).

I do blacklists with squid acls, and therefore squidguard is not
needed here. Further /var/squid lies on it's own partition. For test
purposes it looks easier to me just to disable the squid disk cache at
all. This makes squid a non cacheing proxy, but better than a
sometimes frozen box at all.

Will give this a try after checking the other stuff Philip pointed
out.

Thanks a lot!
  - Eps