On Mon, Jan 07, 2013 at 12:53:01PM +1000, David Diggles wrote:
> > > Maybe the following will help.
> > >
> > > See "Tuning for More"
> > > http://wiki.squid-cache.org/BestOsForSquid
> > >
> > > I use mount options: noatime and async.
> > > I don't use softdep for squid cache either.
> >
> > that is not good policy. you are asking for trouble.
>
> Thanks for the opinion.
>
> Yeah I read the disclaimer about async in mount(8) and
> don't mind taking the risk.
>
> As for noatime.  Are you kidding me?

I briefly looked into adding relatime, but I stopped as soon as I realized
there was no more room for additional flags in the existing data structures.
I don't have the kernel experience to deal with such headaches
properly--that is, without it being excessively ugly or screwing people down
the road.

Having relatime would be awesome, though.