Hi,

I installed Virtualbox 2.2.4 and everything is 100%.

It seems the newer version of Virtualbox is confused by my hardware/host os combination and cannot deal with the VT-X, even though it's enabled in my bios.

Thanks for all the hints. It took a bit of magical google incantations and reading between the lines to arrive at this solution.

Cheers,
Steve