Thank you Scott!

Your tutorial is really nice :)
I'll star it in my gmail.

Nevertheless, even if at the time the problem was a typo in fstab (which I
solved with an s/// sed sequence), I appreciate your honesty when u
implicitly admit that vi would be more adequated for more complex tasks.

Btw, I'm not particularly in love with vi, my editor of choice is ye good
olde nano. It's just that I've always seen vi as default on the few unix I
tried, so not finding it inside bsd.rd has been a bitter surprise,
especially with time running damn fast...

So, to answer Marc, I'd be ready to test bsd.rd with vi on 5.2 on 2/3
arches: i386, sparc64 and, if needed, amd64.

Just before beginning I'd like to know if, not being a dev, it would be
just wasting my time or if the thing would be then considered.

Thanks