I wrote

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013, Philip Guenther wrote:
> So, uh, what fails if you try to build it?

% uname -a
OpenBSD cobalt.astro.indiana.edu 5.1 GENERIC.MP#1 amd64
% pwd
/usr/local/perl-modules/BSD-Sysctl-0.10
% head -13 README
This file is the README for BSD::Sysctl version 0.10

INSTALLATION

perl Makefile.PL
make
make test
make install

Building this module requires a FreeBSD system and a C compiler.
Support for OpenBSD and NetBSD will appear in future releases. In
theory, this module should be able to handle any system that uses
a sysctl interface to the kernel.
% perl Makefile.PL
OS unsupported (openbsd). Here's a nickel, go buy yourself a real OS.
%

Notes:
* As of yesterday, 0.10 is the latest version of BSD::Sysctl on CPAN.
* I'm well aware that OpenBSD 5.2 has been out for a while; I bought a
  CD.  If and when 5.1 proves inadequate for my needs, I'll reinstall.
  If not, I'll wait for 5.3.

ciao,

--
-- "Jonathan Thornburg [remove -animal to reply]"
<jth...@astro.indiana-zebra.edu>