On 01/20/13 20:19, Sarah Caswell wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks for all the replies to my call for help.

The soekris install command that worked was:

shell# sudo qemu-system-i386 -hda /dev/rsd1c -cdrom install52.iso -boot d

Turns out I was not using the raw device (/dev/rsd1c) in my command but was
trying to install /dev/sd0c.

I think you're mixing things up here (sd0 vs sd1). Also, you actually claimed to have used /dev/sd0i, which, while likely being some MSDOS partition, could be just anywhere on the disk. I would have expected /dev/sd1c to work too, but indeed the raw device should be the way to go.

/Alexander