On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 11:23:15PM -0700, Chris Hettrick wrote:
> I noticed that apropos sendmail states that it is from Section 1 of the man
> pages, but it should be in Section 8.
> This is found on an AMD64 5.2 and also on the web interface.
> man 8 sendmail works, but man 1 sendmail doesn't (as expected).
>
> Chris

wow! i didn;t realise that either. marc espie kindly explained it - it's
because sendmail.8, as well as being sendmail(8), is also hoststat(1)
and purgestat(1), thanks to this:

        MLINKS= sendmail.8 hoststat.1 sendmail.8 purgestat.1

it's pretty unusual for MLINKS to be of differing man sections, so i
guess it's not so noticeable. we could change the MLINKS to be in
section 8, i guess. it'd probably not worry anyone.

according to marc, it's not a 5 minute fix to do it correctly, so i
guess it can be added to the list for people who complain that they want
something to do, but that there's nothing ;)

jmc