Hi Misc,

I made a list of the most classical UNIX commands / utilities from section one
where there is only one per letter of the english alphabet (it's for my OpenBSD
obsessed five year old son :) ). I know that this subject is very personal and
steeped in tradition and history, so I was looking for your opinions and
suggestions.
A quick note about the list: some hard choices were made concerning letters
such as c, p, m, etc. For instance, kill(1) is not included for two reasons: it
is included in the shell, and it needs ps(1) to be properly used (which
conflicts with pwd(1) which I think is _more_ useful for a UNIX beginner).
mv(1) was not included because a cp(1) and rm(1) can suffice.

This is the list:

awk
bc
cp