On Feb 14, 2013, at 10:47 PM, Philip Guenther <guent...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 5:21 PM, jordon <open...@sirjorj.com> wrote:
>> Yesterday I got current on 2 machines:
>> 1) a Core2 Quad based shuttle
>> 2) a 486-based Soekris 4511.
>>
>> The core2quad build the kernel and user land just fine.
>>
>> Today, the 486 had a build failure with the following message:
>
> You actually got different -current with the two systems, updating on
> different sides of a commit (or the revert).
>

>> <...> -g  -o make_keys /usr/src/lib/libcurses/tinfo/make_keys.c
>> /usr/lib/libc.so.66.2: undefined reference to `ROUNDDOWN'
>> /usr/lib/libc.so.66.2: undefined reference to `ROUNDUP'
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> *** Error code 1
>
> Yeah, there was a commit that resulted in a broken libc for a while.
> On behalf of committers, sorry about that; the responsible party's
> fingers will grow back just fine.  If the system is unhappy, reboot
> from a snapshot bsd.rd and copy a good libc.so.66.2 into place.
>

> Philip Guenther

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

This was a system with a stock 5.2 install.  I just updated the binutils and
tried to build the latest.  I'm actually not even planning on installing it - I
just want to hack on pxe.c for a bit, and as I understand, you have to build
the whole thing to work on a little part.

Jordon