2013/2/25 James Griffin <jmz.grif...@kode5.net>:
> I think if I delete/remove all packages then boot into the i386 bsd.rd and
> install all the i386 binaries, etc. and then reinstall all my packages this
> will be ok and will mean I don't have to reinstall from scratch using a cd
> iso image?
>
> Is this ok to do? Will it cause problems?

As usually, FAQ to the rescue!
"Note that the OpenBSD/amd64 and OpenBSD/i386 boot loaders will load
each other's kernels, making it easier to reinstall a system with the
"other" platform. However, it has to be a complete "wipe and
reinstall" operation -- left-over binaries from the "previous"
installation will most likely make your life unpleasant."
(http://openbsd.org/faq/faq12.html#amd64i386bin)

--
Michał Markowski