* Martijn van Duren <martijn...@gmail.com> [130308 18:54]:
> Hello misc,
>
> Today I was looking through plus.html and I saw the following lines:
> * Imported xf86-video-modesetting 0.6.0 for KMS testing.
> * Update to drm(4) libdrm 2.4.31 and add the (non-yet-linked) libkms.
>
> This got me curious on the status of the KMS port.
>
> Running a `find /usr/src/ -iname *kms*` didn't return any result and
> searching the internet resulted just primarily in a phoronix article[1],
> where it's stated that OpenBSD is interested. And the last KMS-update I
> managed to find on the mailing-list is from 2011[2].
>
> So currently my main questions are:
> 1) What is the current status of the KMS port?
> 2) Are there any concrete plans/is there a roadmap for the port, and if
> so where can I track it?
>
> I'm not trying to push anyone to get to work (I can live without), but I
> just want to satisfy my curiosity concerning the progress.

I'm not representing OpenBSD project here, so everything following is
just my (mis-)understanding.

Generally, in OpenBSD, things get public when they're ready. This is
in contrast with other projects where they tell you on every corner of the
internet that they're "starting work on X", or "prepared pre-alpha-0.001
version of X" or something like that. Get patient, follow tech@ and
source-changes@ and you'll know when something interesting comes up.

Yes, KMS is being worked on by kettenis@ and jsg@, and it will be ready
when it will be.