Hi

I wondered if someone would be kind enough to explain some dmesg output
I do not understand.

This is the output:

pciide0 at pci0 dev 3 function 2 "Intel Q45 PT IDER" rev 0x03: DMA
(unsupported), channel 0 wired to native-PCI, channel 1 wired to native-PCI
pciide0: using apic 2 int 18 for native-PCI interrupt
pciide0: channel 0 ignored (not responding; disabled or no drives?)
pciide0: channel 1 ignored (not responding; disabled or no drives?)

I'm using The March 1st snapshot/ amd64.

The system operates perfectly so I'm sure I simply just ignore this but
I am merely curious to understand what it means. Also, If perhaps I need
to modify something if it means there is a problem.

I'm sorry for asking such a newbie-type question. I have read several
man pages, including pci(4) pciide(4) and looked at google but I feel
it's a hardware topic that's a bit advanced for me at this stage as i'm
still very much in the learning process with OpenBSD and topics like
this.

Thanks for any information or references you might be able to provide.

Cheers, Jamie.