2013/3/18 STeve Andre' <and...@msu.edu>:
>    I've just run into something I can't explain.  Likely it's not a
> bug, but puzzling none the less.
>
>    I normally run KDE, and then thunderbird, firefox and chrome
> as well as a bunch of other stuff.  Fine, mostly.
>
>    I frequently mount a 32G usb stick to stuff my 'reagents' software
> on, for keeping Windows sheep (mostly) safe.  To do this I mount the
> stick on /dos, and copy stuff to it.
>
>    Only today and maybe a couple of other times,  I finished copying
> data to /dos and did umount /dos, and got a device busy message.
> Only the one xterm touched /dos, from the mount, to the copy, to
> the umount.  Last time this happened I did a umount -f as I needed
> the data.  This time I went hunting and an  fstat | grep  doc revealed
> that firefox had /dos?  *I* didn't do anything.
>
>    Any ideas as to whats going on, or things to check?  I am puzzled.

Probably some time ago you saved something from FireFox directly to
/dos (or subfolder of). Then FireFox remembered the last folder you
were using, and open it on start. Save something to a different
folder. Probably it's also a good idea to avoid asking about
destination folder at all. I use this setting personally to avoid
having a bunch of extra files spreading everywhere: things I really
need gets moved somewhere else, and then I just wipe the directory (or
rather use subdir in /tmp).

--
  WBR,
  Vadim Zhukov