On Mar 19, 2013, at 11:17 PM, jca+o...@wxcvbn.org (Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas)
wrote:

> MJ <m...@netauth.com> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Sometimes, maybe once ever 100 commands or so, I get the following type of
>> error:
>>
>> [root@black socklog]# dmesg | less
>> -bash: $'\302\240less': command not found
>
> Here you have an UTF-8 non-breaking space character.
>
>> It is not reproducible, at least I don't know how to reproduce it. Hitting up
>> arrow will reproduce it, but typing the command again will make it go away.
>> It
>> seems to only happen when piping output through something.
>>
>> Any ideas how to fix this?
>
> Don't type on both your AltGr and your Space key when you don't intend
> to.

Interesting, so that's the cause of it? On my macbook, I type space and then
AltGr 7 to get a pipe character. I have had this MacBook for 3 years, and I
didn't just start typing or using OpenBSD yesterday… I do type extremely fast,
but this never happens to me for example on my FreeBSD server or the MacBook
itself.

The OpenBSD machine is a very old i386 Epia that is pretty heavily loaded with
a lot of processes. Could it be that my typing input sometimes comes faster
than it can process it (bytes getting crossed on the wire)?