Daniel Ouellet wrote:
Sorry for this off topic question. Looking at the archive, SK (Henning love them! (;>) is what look likes the best Ethernet cards to use, a few months ago anyway. The network cards are changing so quickly that what was true 6 months ago, may well not be today.

For quad, can someone confirmed, deny or offer alternative known to work well before I get 12 of them. Hopefully I may be able to fit them into the Sun X2100, but will see.

Also, any issue to run a minimum of 100 VLan on them? I didn't see issue in the archive, so I take it as been no problem! I don't think of any.

Any other suggestions is also welcome, I am more concern at the efficiency of the cards as they will be routing and supporting many VLan and PF will in some of the setup use individual VLan firewall configuration, up to 125 in one case. Will see if I can make that work well, not sure of my possible success, but will see...

Thanks for your time.

Hello,

the D-Link Card DFE-580TX works under OpenBSD, but their greatest advantage is that they are cheap (around 100 Euro in Germany).
Don't expect to much performance.
The are useful if you have to connect a lot of networks (with small traffic) and have not enough pci slots and money ;-)

I think you need something with better performance regarding to your setup.

guido