On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, Simon Morgan wrote:

I added that along with Modes "1280x1024" (which I've added before at various stages) and now, instead of an error from my monitor, I just get a black screen. I've uploaded the latest copies of xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log for anyone that may be interested.

I haven't used OpenBSD for some time (can't seem to get around to unsubscribing from the list...), but I'm interested to know what version of X.org you're using. There's an unresolved bug in 6.8.2 that affects a number of ATI cards. I know it impacts the Radeon series, but I'm unsure whether Rage users have reported similar symptoms. Take a look at ticket #170008 at bugzilla.redhat.com for some background.

-- Paul Heinlein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>