On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 02:41:36PM -0400, David Higgs wrote:
> Confirmed in 5.3-current downloaded several minutes ago.
>
> Steps to reproduce:
> - Boot bsd.rd
> - Select upgrade, hit enter until dhclient gets and assigns an address
> - Complete upgrade or control-C, then restart the upgrade process
> - dhclient on 2nd run REMOVES the assigned address
>
> Probably affects the bsd.rd install option as well. This does not
> happen with 5.2 bsd.rd.
>
> Easy to work around, but probably not "right".
>
> Thanks!
>
> --david

dhclient will *always* remove all existing address on interfaces it is
binding a lease to. Are you saying that the 2nd time around it is not
re-assigning the address? Is your easy workaround to re-run dhclient, or
is it something else?

As soon as some builds finish here I will try to reproduce.

.... Ken