> Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 02:32:28 +0200
> From: Paolo Aglialoro <paol...@gmail.com>
> To: misc@openbsd.org
> Subject: Re: open source laptop battery repair?
>
> If the battery doesn't want(/show) to charge, sometimes a sleazy trick can
> do the job: detach it while pc is running on AC and reattach it, sometimes
> you need to do that more than once. Sometimes after this you gotta keep'em
> charging some hours and then try again (it all depends on batteries, this
> is more likely to work on oem equipment).

That's a very neat trick, especially since it worked on one of the
batteries.  I'd always been careful to shut down before changing
batteries.  It took a few times to get it out of the critical area,
then it went on to 100% charge.  I just popped it out and back in a
few times while plugged in.

One down, one to go, and two more in the mail to me.  At least I can
move it from the downstairs charger to the upstairs charger without
shutting down first.

Thank you ,

  Alan
--
Credit is the root of all evil.  - AB1JX