>> I am looking for a RADIUS client/NAS server that can
>> glean accounting info like packets/bytes transferred, time
>> connected and even kick users who exceed a threshold.
>> I know that freeradius is in ports but I don't see any Radius client/NAS
>> port.
> What's the intended use, PPPoE/L2TP LNS or something?
> Not sure if Halon are using npppd for their VPN server, but if so (which
> seems likely), it looks like they have extended things slightly as
> http://sr.wiki.halon.se/wiki/VPN_server talks about filter-id which
> I don't think npppd normally supports.

I'm not sure if this helps Girish, but for the record, yes we use npppd. All
we've done so far is adding interface group support, using the filter-id to
assign groups, and dhinfo stuff. No limits yet.

We still use the pre-new-config version, which makes our patches rather old.
Also, I believe Yasuoka told me that pf tags would probably be preferred over
interface groups, so I guess our approach might not suit OpenBSD.

However, for the record, our implementation uses the concept of adding the
groups to the config

if ((val = npppd_config_str(_this, config_key_prefix(buf1, "ifgroup"))) !=
NULL) ...

and then assigning them to either tun or pppx interfaces

if (ioctl(sock, SIOCAIFGROUP, &ifgr) != 0) ...

for static configuration, and using the realm bits to associate filter-ids with
groups

if (radius_get_raw_attr(pkt, RADIUS_TYPE_FILTER_ID, &group, &len) == 0) {
        ...finding the realm...
        _this->ppp->realm = realm0;

in case someone is interested ;)