>Few cases for obsd not suitable as desktop:
>
>- At home, the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) for obsd on desktop is negative
>due lack of skype, and flash player.
WAF:  Good point! Hard to tackle ... :-)
Skype: Valid argument - I have to agree that nowadays this is a requirement for
a "general-purpose desktop system" (let's not discuss 'confidentiality' for
now...)
Flash: 'Bling-bling' is possible even with OpenBSD. But you have to deliberatly
open "Pandora's box"...

>- At work, need for virtual machines on laptop is a must, not very well met
>in obsd.
I have no experience with virtual machines at all - looks like
"special-purpose" to me. But I don't claim competency here.

>So correct answer is: it depends!

Quite right, of course. "If you only have a hammer everything looks like a
nail" Good if we are able to choose from the right tool to get the job done.
Most of time my choise is OpenBSD!

Cheers,
STEFAN