On 2013-05-14, Mattias Lindgren <mlindg...@runelind.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using a OpenBSD 5.3 (release) machine as my router connecting
> to Comcast. Comcast provides native IPv6 access, however it does
> so a little bit differently than what is probably best practice.
> I use wide-dhcpv6-20080615p2 from ports to get an address on my
> outside interface, as well as a prefix which gets assigned to my
> inside interface. However, the default route is announced via Route
> Advertisements.

That is pretty common practice for ISPs doing IPv6 (see RFC 6204),
but OpenBSD doesn't support it at present.

> However since I would also like for my router to forward
> IPv6 packets, I'm not sure of how to make it work. Rtsol states that
> net.inet6.ip6.forwarding=0. I've tried running rtsol with forwarding
> set to 1, but it complains and does not grab a default route. The other
> option would be to manually set the v6 default route, but I'd prefer to
> not have to do that. Does anyone know of a workaround for this issue?

Manually setting the route is the only current workaround afaik.

FreeBSD turned accept_rtadv into a per-interface flag which can be
set (only) on the "upstream" interface so you can continue to send
adv's on the "downstream" interfaces.